AI entrepreneur, animal-rights-activist, non-practicing-medical-doctor, math-lover, digital nomad, co-creator of the Brain Emotional Learning algorithm, tea-addict, and financial markets explorer; what else?
My name is Nima Schei. As a kid, I was obsessed with math, new ideas and inventions. My favorite location was a tiny bookstore, and my dream was to become an inventor. I was constantly thinking about how to create self-driving cars or how to make perpetual motion machines, or how the Sheikh Bahai Hammam, a 400 years old Safavid-era bathhouse mysteriously working with only an ever-burning candle, actually worked (and in fact, my hypothesis was proven later). I was also obsessed with numbers: Some of my work was published on national scientific and math magazines, when I was only 13.
My ultimate goal was to create “a thing” more intelligent than us. This led me to explore different horizons, such as medicine, biology, neuroscience, control, and electrical engineering, mathematics, computation, general AI, emotional AI and more recently their real-world applications. I’m the co-creator of the Brain Emotional Learning algorithm, a revolutionary intelligent algorithm with many real-world applications [more info].
- As an entrepreneur, I’ve founded and developed several companies; and I have dreamed about many ventures to start.
- Right now, I’m working on emotion-based AI. I’m constantly pushing the boundaries of our intelligence through “crazy” ideas, such as dynamical rotational neural networks and subthreshold resonant neural networks.
- I’m a vegan and an animal rights activist. I’m part of the Animal SAVE movement, fighting for the fair protection laws for ALL animals. I’m the organizer of the campaign against Mastercard for promotion of elephants slavery which tries to abolish elephants riding in South and South East Asia and make major companies accountable for their unethical advertising. I’m co-founder of For The Love of Animals Inc, a non-profit organization that harnesses the power of social media to increase awareness about animals well-being. I’m also co-founder of Curly and Pizza, the first vegetarian/vegan pizza chain in Latin America. Every vegan meal saves a life.
- As a digital nomad, I live/travel/work in different countries with my lovely wife and three rescued dogs. Our latest destination is Latin America.
- My work has been featured in some major media outlets such as the HuffPost and the Fast Company.